AGNES Acne Treatment
Radio-Frequency Ablation: A Permanent Solution to Recurring Pimples!
At the Aesthetic Studio Clinic and Surgery, we believe in attaining optimal results while minimising potential risks. In line with this, we have introduced a targeted, permanent fix for acne that could spare you the need for oral medication that can cause gastrointestinal or mucosal side effects commonly associated with the antibiotics or oral retins used in acne treatment.
Conceived by Korean dermatologists, the AGNES Acne Treatment can provide a permanent improvement to acne breakouts without the side effects of anti-acne drug therapy. Acne is an inflammatory disorder of the sebaceous glands in the skin follicles, that results in comedones (white heads) and pimples that can progress to cyst formation, nodules and scarring. By destroying the sebaceous gland, acne can be permanently prevented.
The AGNES Acne Treatment can provide a permanent improvement to acne breakouts without the side effects of anti-acne drug therapy.
The AGNES device allows Selective Sebaceous Gland Destruction, that precisely targets and destroys the sebaceous gland, without thermal injury to the surface skin epidermis; Providing a permanent solution to chronic recurring acne.
This unique technology uses tiny partially insulated needles and square waveform monopolar and radio-frequency energy to selectively destroy the problematic sebaceous gland while protecting the surface of the skin (the epidermis) from heat injury.
- Low recurrence
- Low down time (Lunch time procedure)
- No systemic side effects (no need for oral medication that cause extreme dryness or gastrointestinal side effects)
- Safety (protecting the normal skin epidermis)
- Effective not only for Acne but also other pore related problems such as syringoma, blackheads, enlarged pores and scars.
The AGNES Acne treatment is effective as it targets the root of the problem. Because acne is an inflammatory disorder of the hair follicle arising from sebaceous glands, destruction of these sebaceous glands effectively reduces acne.
Once the sebaceous glands are destroyed, acne subsides and is unlikely to recur. Less than 10% of acne recurred within a year after the final treatment session , making this a truly effective long term solution for acne.
- Topical anaesthetic cream is applied prior to treatment , so you will experience minimal discomfort.
- The skin is cleansed and scaled, and excess sebum is first extracted from the hair follicles by our therapists.
- A tiny micro-needle is then inserted into the skin follicle and sebaceous glands to deliver a Monopolar Radiofrequency current that destroys the problematic glands.
- The next day, a bipolar radio frequency current is applied using a surface probe to loosen any remaining debris and impurities, which are removed to cleanse the skin.
Frequently Asked Question About AGNES
What does Agnes treat?
Active acne with pimples, cysts and comedones or large pores.
How long does a session take?
30-60 minutes per session
How many sessions are required?
2-3 sessions may be required depending on severity of the condition.
How long does the effect last?
The skin improves throughout the treatment. Pimples don't form again in treated follicles, and number of new lesions reduces over time, and over several treatments.
Make an appointment with our aesthetic doctors to find out if AGNES is the right treatment for you.